Just a very basic page that tracks progress on select templates. Updated every 15 minutes. Click headers to sort. Make sure to READ THE FAQ.
Q: Why are some projects nearly complete, but have no activity?
A1: Most likely the project is complete, but has pixels that are overlapped by other art, fall outside the canvas placeable areas, or are decided to be 'good enough' by the builders, and haven't adjusted their template to accomodate these situations.
A2: Alternatively, the project image used to compare against the canvas is incorrect - see above for contact info.
Q: What do the columns mean?
A: Most are self-explanatory. Here's the ones that may be confusing:
- px/h NNh window : These columns show the number of pixels placed per hour in the last 1 hour, last 6 hours, and last 24 hours. The second line gives an estimated time to completion of the project based on these pixeling rates. the stronger the green color, the closer that rate is to the maximum measured rate; the stronger the red color, the closer it is to the minimumm measured rate, which can be negative (more incorrect pixels than correct pixels being placed).
- max/15m : The maximum number of pixels placed between times progress has been checked (every 15 minutes).
- relative activity : A basic activity graph. These graphs can't be compared to each other as each project may be added or updated at any time (placing the beginning of the X axis at different real world times). The height of each graph is also relative to the maximum measured rate for that project, and so can't be used to compare to other projects.
Q: What do the colors in the second images mean?
A: They mean the state of pixels at the time it was last polled:
- green : Correctly placed pixels
- red : Incorrectly placed, or not yet placed pixels
- blue : Pixels that cannot be placed as the canvas limits pixel placement
- magenta : Pixels that fall outside of the canvas bounding rectangle entirely
Q: Is there a more immediate visual way to see what's different between the template and the board state when it was polled?
A: Yes, click on the template image to toggle between the template image, and the board state at that time. This also updates the zoomed view making it even easier to spot the difference.
A2: Alternatively, you could copy the template URL, paste it into the pxlsFiddle templating tool's "Art location", and re-process it but setting it to output different pixels only, which will highlight these pixels in the template output for you.
Q: What does 'insufficient data' mean?
A: The project was added recently and the progress page is still collecting data to give any meaningful result. A project must have data for at least 3 days before its status is reported.
You can still check the relative activity column graph to see how the project is faring.
Q: Is there a place where all this is organized?
A: There are two common avenues where templates for the pxls.space pixel canvas are organized, both are on Discord:
pxls.space main discord, check out #plans for template posts, discussions:
'global template' discord for template submissions to the global template:
Q: Can I add my own project?
A: Yes, you can add a project through the pxlsFiddle templating tool. You will need to be authed.
- Enter your project in the Process an existing template link section. If authed, you should be given the option to Submit or update on /progress.
- Press that button, and a new dialog with the template link processed will appear. Make sure that it looks correct. Give the project a name.
- Press the ok / update button. Your project will be submitted for inclusion/updated and will appear as soon as its current status becomes available (may take up to 15 minutes)
Q: Can I update my own project? I had to move it / change some of the pixels
A: Yes, follow the same steps and make sure you use the same name for the project. The submission option will change to indicate that you wish to update the project.
Q: Somebody submitted my project, and I can't update it!
A: Submit it under a different name, then contact @CtrlZ#3281 in the pxlsfiddle-dev channel of the Avogadro Discord with your complaint.
Q: I submitted my project but I chose a silly name - can I change it?
Q: I no longer want my project listed - can I delete it?
A: Yes, as long as you are authenticated, your projects should have rename and delete buttons under their pictures.
Q: If I abuse this, will you revoke my option to use this feature? What constitutes abuse?
A: Yes, yes I will. Abuse includes, but is not limited to, submitting projects maliciously (you didn't have the owner's permission to submit it, you deliberately submitted it with incorrect data - location/pixels), submitting non-project data (anything not intended to actually be built, including roach cookies, NSFW content, off-canvas memes, projects meant only to troll others, projects that cannot be built due to the game mechanics), and data that breaks the law (jurisdictions of Germany, Illinois USA, and Maryland USA, but use your noggin and don't be an edgelord). The latter case may result in, best case scenario, a ban.